Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Kat Von D Shade & Light Palette VS Anastasia Contour Kit

Today I wanted to compare for you the Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour Palette against the Anastasia Contour Kit. I have had the KVD product for a few months now, and I really like this palette. I wrote a full review on the Anastasia Contour Kit in one of my last posts, you can check that out here: Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette Review

So originally I got sucked into the YouTube vortex and I bought the Anastasia Contour Kit a few weeks after it was released. I thought I liked it because it worked well enough. But after about 1-2 months, I wasn't really reaching for it as much. And it turned into one of those forgotten palettes that lives in the back of the drawer.

Then I decided on a whim to get the Kat Von D Shade and Light palette. When I started using this palette, I immediately noticed how much better it was then the Anastasia Contour Kit.

Here are my reasons why the KVD Shade and Light palette wins over the Anastasia Contour Kit.

Numero One, there is a ton more product in the Kat Von D palette as opposed to the Contour Kit. This picture clearly shows the size difference:


Number dos, the powders in the S&L palette are so smooth and silky, I cant even believe it! I usually powder my face before applying any contour powder, but with how smooth these powders are, even if you go in right after foundation it won't be streaky or patchy.



Now with the Contour kit, even if I powdered before applying it the result would be blotchy and patchy, and it was a nightmare to blend the contour shades out. To make this work, I would start with as little product as possible and slowly build it up.



To sum it all up, I am all for the contour shades in the Kat Von D palette over the Anastasia palette.

Now the thing that I didn't like in either of the palettes is the highlighting shades. In the Anastasia Contour Kit, the light shades did nothing on my skin. When I say nothing, I mean it was like I didn't apply anything. Even the shimmery shade had basically no effect on my skin.

In the Kat Von D palette, I feel like the highlighting colors are just off. Like the yellow is too yellow and the pink is too pink. I must say these hardly showed up on my skin either.

And using either of these highlights to set my under-eye concealer, was just a nightmare. It was crease-fest before I even finished the rest of my face.

But overall, I would have to give it to the Kat Von D palette!

What are your opinions on these two palette? Which one is your favorite? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment